elizabeth b. rose
150 E. Ponce de Leon Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030
Elizabeth started her legal career at a large, well-respected international law firm in Atlanta before developing deep bankruptcy and insolvency-related expertise as a long-time law clerk to the Honorable Mary Grace Diehl in the U.S Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Georgia. Following her six-year clerkship, Elizabeth returned to private practice prior to co-founding Caiola & Rose.
Elizabeth’s practice consists of litigating in bankruptcy, state and federal courts and providing business counseling. In bankruptcy proceedings, her practice focuses on representing the rights of franchisors, commercial landlords, and service providers as secured creditors, unsecured creditors, asset purchasers, and parties in adversary proceedings. Additionally, she litigates and provides counsel on a variety of business disputes. Elizabeth couples her expertise with a problem-solving approach to get results.
In addition to her legal practice, Elizabeth serves on the national board of directors for Youth Villages, a non-profit organization committed to supporting distressed families and children aging out of foster care.
Elizabeth is also an Advisory Board Member for the Emory Bankruptcy Developments Journal, a member of IWIRC (International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation), and a University of Notre Dame Monogram Club member.
- Bachelor of Arts in American Studies cum laude, University of Notre Dame, 2000
- Juris Doctor with honors from Emory University School of Law, 2007
- Co-author with the Honorable C. Ray Mullins: Perfectly Clear or Clear as Mud?: A Review of Selected BAPCPA Consumer Issues, Norton Annual Survey of Bankr. L. Part II § 1 (Aug. 2008).
- Chocolate, Flowers, and Section 363(b): The Opportunities for Sweetheart Deals Without Chapter 11 Protections, 23 Emory Bankr. Dev. J. 249 (Fall 2006).
- Panelists and Presenter Atlanta Bar Bankruptcy Law Section
- Panelists for Georgia Bar Bankruptcy Section CLE
- Presenter for Metro Atlanta Consumer Bankruptcy Advocacy Group (MACBAG)
- Presenter and Volunteer for the American Bankruptcy Institute’s Credit Abuse Resistance Education
Continuing Legal Education:
Elizabeth regularly attends and participates in national and state wide bankruptcy and franchise conventions including:
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising.
- International Franchise Association Legal Symposium.
- Southeastern Bankruptcy Law Institute.
- Georgia & Atlanta Bar Association – Bankruptcy Law & Franchise Section CLEs.