ANNE P. CAIOLA
150 E. Ponce de Leon Ave.
Decatur, GA 30030
Annie started her career and developed her training and expertise at one of the largest, most well-respected international law firms in Atlanta before ultimately starting her own law firm. Annie focuses her practice on litigation and counseling involving franchises, real estate, trademarks, and other business disputes and strategies. Her experience ranges from serving as General Counsel to a major restaurant franchisor to serving as lead national counsel in high-stakes jury trials and on appeals across the country. Annie’s experience in the courtroom and the boardroom provides a unique blend of both legal and business expertise.
Annie is admitted to practice in all Georgia's state, superior and appellate courts, as well as the United States District Court for the Middle and Northern Districts of Georgia, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals.
In addition to her professional pursuits, Annie is also committed to her community and is active in legislative initiatives. In 2013, Annie was elected to serve on the Board of Education for the City Schools of Decatur, where she currently serves as the Member At-Large. In 2016, Annie was elected by her peers on the school board to serve as the Board Chair. In her role as Board Chair, Annie advocates at the State Capitol and works closely with local legislators on issues affecting students, teachers and public education.
Annie was also elected to and served on Board of Directors for the DeKalb Bar Association from 2010-2012. She is a proud member of the Leadership DeKalb Class of 2013, as well as an active parishioner and volunteer at St. Thomas More Church in Decatur.
- Bachelor of Arts in English awarded with distinction from the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2002.
- Juris Doctor received with Honors from University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 2005.
- Named 2016 Legal Elite by Franchise Times Magazine.
- Named a Top “40 Under 40” Lawyers by The Daily Report, 2015.
- Named “Rising Star” by Georgia Super Lawyers Magazine, 2013.
- Phi Beta Kappa.
- National Coca-Cola Scholar.
- Co-author of “U.S. Data Breach Notification Law: State by State,” a handbook published by the American Bar Association, 2007.
- Panelists for Georgia Bar Franchise Section CLE and presenters of: “The Intersection of Franchise Litigation and Real Estate Law: Considering the Practical Implications of Real Estate While Exercising Rights Under Your Franchise Agreement.”
- DeKalb Bar Association Presenter on Landlord/Tenant Disputes.
- Annie also regularly gives private presentations to clients regarding how to handle real estate disputes in order to avoid litigation.
Continuing Legal Education:
Annie regularly attends and participates in national and state wide franchise and real estate conventions including:
- American Bar Association Forum on Franchising.
- International Franchise Association Legal Symposium.
- Georgia Bar Association Franchise and Landlord/Tenant CLE’s.